June 18, 2003 | Category:

An API completes the set

A week or so ago, I updated the palindrome code found on this site, but I couldn’t implement everything I wanted to. Now, I have the time to do it. For the past day or two, I’ve been messing around with XMLRPC servers and clients, trying to get a feel for how it all works. It’s really quite simple once you get into it.

So, in this spirit, I have now got an API for the palindrome checker. While it only has one method at the moment, I’m sure if anything else comes to mind, it’ll be trivial to add it in.

More importantly, by having an XMLRPC server running, I’ll be able to add and incorporate support for more web services; such as pingback. While it’s not available yet, it will be soon enough.